In honor of Women’s History Month, Platinum Rule Advisors is celebrating female leaders paving the way for others. Throughout March, our founder, Leonora Williamson, chats with history-makers from the worlds of business, law, journalism and more about their career paths and big mistakes, the Clubhouse app and corporate boards.
In our third installment of the series, we meet Theola DeBose, Founder and CEO of JSKILLS. Theola began her career as a journalist in New York pursuing her passion for storytelling and truth-finding. After roles at Publisher’s Weekly, Times Union and The Washington Post she left journalism for a career in education and government service. This shift sparked her to launch her own start-up, JSKILLS, whose mission is to help others articulate their transferable skills through stories and follow their passion to make a career change.
In this conversation, Theola shares her insights on the following questions:
- Tell us about your career path
- How was your experience graduating college and realizing you wanted to become a journalist and continue your education?
- What are you up to today, and what is your relationship to problem solving?
- Do you have any success stories you’d like to share?
- Do you have to be a recovering journalist to use JSKILLS?
- What has Clubhouse made possible for you, and what have you made possible for yourself through Clubhouse?