As we continue celebrating Women’s History Month, Platinum Rule Advisors is spotlighting women taking charge and giving back, from the C-suite to the board room. Our founder, Leonora Williamson, is leading open conversations throughout March with innovative leaders, discussing what it means to learn, earn and serve throughout your career.
In our fourth installment of the series, we talked with Linda Rebrovick, President at Impact Corporate Consulting. Linda began her career at IBM and went on to hold leadership roles at some of the world’s largest technology and professional services corporations. She has extensive experience serving on the boards of global and national corporate and private companies. Linda is an independent Director of the boards of Guidehouse, Inc., HealthStream, Inc., Reliant Bancorp, Inc., Consensus Point, Inc., and Western Express, Inc. An established community leader, Linda was a candidate for the office of mayor of Metropolitan Nashville, running on a platform to build a tech-enabled, more efficient and effective city. Her many nonprofit board roles have included the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee, the Nashville Entrepreneur Center, United Way of Middle Tennessee, and Leadership Nashville. She is currently a 2021 Fellow of the Harvard Advanced Leadership Initiative.
In this conversation, Linda shares her insights on the following questions:
- How did you get where you are today?
- Tell us about the leadership program you are involved in.
- What women history makers have inspired you?
- What boards do you serve on? What does it mean to be a board member?
- What are the key ingredients for your “secret sauce” and the value that you bring?
- What percentage of value comes from asking the right questions vs. what you already know?
- Are men and women equally good at asking questions in the boardroom?
- What advice would you give your 21-year-old self?