As we celebrate Women’s History Month, Platinum Rule Advisors is spotlighting women who inspire us. Our founder, Leonora Zilkha Williamson, is chatting with some of her most admired women and learning about the women who inspired them.
Our first guest is Dr. Anita Polite-Wilson, founder and CEO of Dr. Anita Enterprises and C-Suite Whisperer. With over 20 years as a trusted advisor to Fortune 500 and military leaders, she helps CEOs and their teams develop diversity, inclusivity and belonging. The author of 7 books, Dr. Anita also hosts a podcast called Keeping It Real with Dr. Anita. She is a sought-after speaker and coach who makes tough conversations possible.
Dr. Polite-Wilson earned both a Doctorate (Ph.d) and a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Human and Organizational Systems from Fielding Graduate University, a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Organizational Leadership from Biola University, and a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Management from Pepperdine University. She is a Fellow with the Institute for Inclusive Leadership at Simmons University, a Faculty member with the Crowell School of Business with an emphasis on Diversity & Leadership, and a Founding Member, National Human Resources Association Diversity & Inclusion Council, Los Angeles Chapter.
Additionally, Dr. Polite-Wilson is a certified Psychological Safety Practitioner, a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach, and an iPEC Certified Professional Coach.
In this conversation, Dr. Polite-Wilson shares her insights on the following questions:
- Tell us about your life journey.
- What are you up to in the world today?
- How do you prepare for the next thing that you can’t anticipate?
- Tell us about how you see diversity, inclusion and belonging. What does that work look like when done really well?
- What does it mean to listen with your heart?
- As a coach and facilitator of diversity, inclusion & belonging, how do you balance expertise in the discipline with the need to keep a “beginner’s mind” with each new group?
- Is there a woman in your life whom you consider to be a history maker?